Thursday, September 04, 2014

Law School Update from Andara Frasier '12



P&G Alum Andara Frasier '12 sent us this update about her (nearly completed) experiences in the University of Wyoming's join Law/MPA program:

Today was my last first day of classes! I started my last year of law school this morning. If all goes well, I will graduate in May with my J.D. and my Masters in Public Administration (but then I have to take the bar. Yikes!). I am taking four law classes and two MPA classes this semester. I'm hoping to take fewer classes next semester so it isn't as stressful, but I will have to wait and see what classes are being offered. Getting a dual degree makes it difficult to have time to do anything other than school work, but I am also a paid intern at the University of Wyoming Office of the General Counsel. I love working for the University, and I am gaining experience working as an intern for attorneys who have my dream job. Hopefully my experience will help me get a university legal position after graduation.

This spring I participated in writing postcards to each Puget Sound admitted student. There were five students from Wyoming and I was happy to share my experience at Puget Sound with them. I know at least one of them decided to head to Tacoma.

I would be happy to talk to anyone who is interested in learning about my experiences or who wants advice about anything that goes along with law school. Email is the best way for me to correspond, so feel free to share my email address with anyone who would like to contact me.

Andara Frasier
University of Wyoming College of Law
J.D. Candidate, 2015
M.P.A. Candidate, 2015