Monday, April 06, 2015

Congratulations Samantha Tigner!



Congratulations to PG major Samantha Tigner who reports:

I am very excited to have been accepted to Beginning Persian program at the Arabic, Persian and Turkish Language Immersion Institute (APTLII) at the University of Wisconsin- Madison. For two months this summer (June to August) I will be living and learning in a Persian-immersion environment. I will have around 5 hours of formal language classes every day, and then cultural lessons and activities during the evenings. I will be living on campus where I will have to continue speaking my target language with my fellow students outside of the classroom. This will be a challenge, but I sincerely believe that it will be an extremely rewarding experience!

They have programs for beginning, advanced-beginning, intermediate and advanced Persian, Turkish, and Arabic students. If you know anyone else who might be interested in studying these languages, have them check it out: http://aptlii.global.wisc.edu/.